How to become a Certified TAT Trainer
Becoming a Certifed TAT Trainer will enable you to mentor and teach new students working toward their Practitioner, Professional, and Trainer goals. To become a Certified TAT Trainer you will need to be a Certified TAT Professional for at least 12 months.
Tapas Fleming in the TAT Pose
When you register as a Student Trainer all mentoring session lesson plan and documents will be immediately available for your review. As a Trainer you will maintain your Certified TAT Professional listing and you will be added as a Certified TAT Trainer once your training is complete.
When you become a Certified TAT Trainer, you will receive a 25% discount on most of the workshops, webinars, and recordings listed at the tatlife.com store.
How do you become a Certified TAT® Trainer?
What is included in the course?
What topics are taught in the mentoring Sessions?
- The Basics of TAT l - Learn the Essentials - Syllabus
- The Basics of TAT ll - Working with Others - Syllabus
- The Student Professional Mentoring & Program Syllabus
- The Student Trainer Mentoring & Program Syllabus
- Lead one group session teaching TAT — observed by your TAT Trainer
All mentoring session lesson plans, documents, and PowerPoint presentations are included in your Trainer resources. All mentoring with Tapas Fleming is done via Zoom, Skype, or FaceTime.
Access to the Student Trainer Resources
Once you have purchased your registration as a Student Trainer, you’ll be granted access to the Student Trainer Resources section of the TATLife website. All lesson plans, each mentoring session syllabus, and 40+ documents will be immediately available for your review.
Some of the documents included in the Student Trainer Resources:
- What a TAT Practitioner/Pro Does
- What a TAT Practitioner/Pro Doesn’t Do
- Guidelines for Observed TAT Sessions
- TAT Contraindications
- Using TAT with Children
- Using TAT with Animals
- List of Skills and Qualities for Professionals
- Guidelines for Buddy TAT
- The Student Practitioner Mentoring Syllabus
- The Student Professional Mentoring Syllabus
- The Student Trainer Mentoring Syllabus
- Once you become a Trainer you will receive access to all the PowerPoint Presentations
What you'll get from TATlife, Inc. once you complete the program:
- Access to recordings of past calls with Tapas and our community of Certified Professionals
- Certifed TAT Professionals and Certified TAT Trainers will have their contact information on the TATLife website (with a searchable map and general search so people can find you by your name, city, state, country, or zip code) and a link to your website
- A Professional or Trainer discount on workshops, webinars and recordings
- Continuing support from our warm and enthusiastic Professionals community through an email discussion group
- Access to the Professionals Resources section of the website which includes free downloadable support materials exclusively available to Professionals
- The ability to market yourself as a Certified TAT Professional or Certified TAT Trainer from the only Certification Program for TAT
- The ability to join our Continuing Education sessions with Tapas for Professionals only to maintain Certified TAT Professional standing
- Click here to view our current Professionals Agreement.
To maintain your TAT Professional/Trainer Certificiation:
- Pay the $195 membership renewal fee, due every two years by December 31.
- Complete 12 hours total of continuing education every two years.
- Details on renewal requirements for Professionals and Trainers, in general consist of:
- Consultations, TAT group work, or pre-approved workshops or webinars with any TAT Trainer
- Consultations with Tapas
- Case study reviews with Tapas and members of our Professional community
- Studying TAT materials listed in the Professionals’ section of the TATlife website
***We periodically update the requirements, so please refresh this page to make sure you have the current requirements. You will be responsible for completing the requirements in effect at the time you registered for the certification program.