Become a Certified TAT® Professional
For professional use, and to get the most personal benefit from TAT, being fully trained is the way to go. While reading the TAT Steps and doing the TAT Pose are simple, getting consistent, effective results takes skill, experience, knowledge, and presence.
At the very heart of using TAT with clients is the ability to be fully present with your client in a way that allows the healing to happen without pushing, judging, analyzing, or trying to change their experience in any way.
As a Student Professional your Trainer will mentor you, answer your questions, and help you learn to use TAT with skill, confidence and presence. You’re free to choose the Trainer you’d like to work with over the course of your studies and you're welcome to work with more than one Trainer.
On average, you’ll have 10 sessions with your Trainer. The number of sessions needed varies with each individuals completion of the program. This includes your mentoring sessions, session assessments, and private sessions, etc.
How do you become a Certified TAT® Professional?
What is included in the course?
What topics are taught in the mentoring Sessions?
- Working with Clients
- More About the TAT Session
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Allergies, Health Issues and Physical Conditions
- Working with Children
- Working with Animals
- Dealing with our own stuff
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Scope of Practice
In most cases you will have to option of group mentoring or private one-on-one mentoring with Tapas Fleming. Group mentoring is $100 per session and private mentoring is $195 per session. All mentoring with Tapas Fleming is done via Zoom, Skype, or FaceTime.
What is the Healing Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) with the TAT Program?
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) program a child's developing brain to be highly-stressed, often resulting in adult onset of depression, anxiety, health issues, and substance abuse.
The program includes recordings on the orginal ACEs included in the ACE Study and 6 recordings on the possible adult outcomes of experincing adverse childhood experiences.
The 18 recordings included in the Healing ACEs program:
Access to the Student Professional Resources
Once you have purchased your registration as a Student Professional, you’ll be granted access to the Student Professional Resources section of the TATLife website. All lesson plans, each mentoring session syllabus, and 40+ documents will be immediately available for your review.
Some of the documents included in the Student Professional Resources:
- What a TAT Pro Does
- What a TAT Pro Doesn’t Do
- Guidelines for Observed TAT Sessions
- When a person starts to get glassy-eyed and vacant
- TAT Contraindications
- Using TAT with Children
- Using TAT with Animals
- List of Skills and Qualities for Professionals
- TAT Sessions with Others
- TAT Sessions with a Buddy
- Guidelines for Buddy TAT
What you'll get from TATlife, Inc. once you complete the program:
- Access to recordings of past calls with Tapas and our community of Certified Professionals
- Certifed TAT Professionals and Certified TAT Trainers will have their contact information on the TATLife website (with a searchable map and general search so people can find you by your name, city, state, country, or zip code) and a link to your website
- A Professional or Trainer discount on workshops, webinars and recordings
- Continuing support from our warm and enthusiastic Professionals community through an email discussion group
- Access to the Professionals Resources section of the website which includes free downloadable support materials exclusively available to Professionals
- The ability to market yourself as a Certified TAT Professional or Certified TAT Trainer from the only Certification Program for TAT
- The ability to join our Continuing Education sessions with Tapas for Professionals only to maintain Certified TAT Professional standing
- Click here to view our current Professionals Agreement.
To maintain your TAT Professional Certificiation:
- Pay the $195 membership renewal fee, due every two years by December 31.
- Complete 12 hours total of continuing education every two years.
- Details on renewal requirements for Professionals and Trainers, in general consist of:
- Consultations, TAT group work, or pre-approved workshops or webinars with any TAT Trainer
- Consultations with Tapas
- Case study reviews with Tapas and members of our Professional community
- Studying TAT materials listed in the Professionals’ section of the TATlife website
***We periodically update the requirements, so please refresh this page to make sure you have the current requirements. You will be responsible for completing the requirements in effect at the time you registered for the certification program.
Typical personal results of becoming a Certified TAT Professional:
- You’ll smile more and feel happier
- You’ll be more enthusiastic
- You’ll have more energy
- Self confidence - Loving yourself, respecting yourself, having strong boundaries
- A greater acceptance of yourself and life just as they are
- A softer heart
- More spontaneous kindness and understanding
- Greater intuition
- More compassion
- Greater presence in all situations
- The ability to notice what’s going on within and direct your life in the way you want it to go
- You’ll be better able to get out of your own way and get things done
- You’ll feel more in tune with who you really are
- A growing sense of inner peace
- The ability to love and accept life and yourself just as you are
- A greater sense of inner safety and feeling at home within
- Feeling less caught up in or overwhelmed by emotions
- The knowledge that you can find your way through any inner pain or conflict
- Less need to “fix” other people
- Better ability to listen to others
- Knowledge that you don’t have to be stuck in anything – not old, unresolved pain, not emotional baggage, not relationships that are painful, unloving, or unfulfilling
- The pleasure of contributing to the happiness of your family and ancestors
- You’ll have better, clearer family relations